Minions is a small village situated high up on Bodmin moor in South East Cornwall, England. Most of the village is over 300m above sea level and it is therefore the highest village in Cornwall. The name Minions derives from Minions Mound a Barrow at the west end of the village. The village itself has a pub "The Cheesewring", named after the rock formation at the top of the hill above Minions, a restaurant and tea rooms "Hurlers Halt", named after a bronze age set of stone circles and a Post Office/Shop and Tea rooms. The area surrounding Minions is beautiful countryside offering a wealth of archaeological interest from early Bronze Age to the Tin and Copper Mining which finished early in the last century, the last to close being the Prince of Wales Shaft, closing around 1914. Many of the mine pump houses and spoil tips can still be seen. Quarrying is was also a big part of life around Minions in the 19th century with several quarries in the area. The products of the mines and quarries taken from the area to Liskeard and then onto Looe for shipping, on the Liskeard & Caradon Railway built around 1844. The tracks are long gone, it closed in 1916 but the railway makes an excellent way of seeing the area by either walking, cycling or on horseback. One of the Engine Houses of the South Phoenix Mine has been converted into The Minions Heritage Centre.